Roasted Apple Walnut Salad
Fall is here and with a new season comes new seasonal fruit and vegetables. As the weather changes from hot and humid to cool and dry so should your salad add ons. Explore our favorite Fall salad recipe and simple tips to incorporate season ingredients into your meals.
ROASTED FALL APPLE WALNUT ENERGY SALAD
- 1 Red Apple chopped – my favorite apples are Gala or Honey Crisp
- 1 Head of Romaine lettuce chopped
- ¾ cup walnut halves
- 1/3 cup of crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 to 2 Morganic Bakeshop Energy Cookies
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Prepare the vinaigrette: combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until blended.
3. Prepare the salad:
- Wash and chop the romaine lettuce. Place the lettuce in a serving bowl
- Wash and chop the apple and place the apple on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the apples are soft to touch.
- Pour the apples over the chopped lettuce
- Sprinkle on walnuts, a Morganic Bakeshop energy cookie and crumbled cheese
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side and dig in!
Eating seasonally not only helps you eat healthy fresh produce but also helps you be more in sync with your environment. Some tips to incorporate seasonal Fall ingredients into your meals:
- Incorporate seasonal ingredients into at least one meal a day. Some of my favorite Fall ingredients are root vegetables, squash and dark leafy greens.
- Visit your local farmers market for seasonal ingredients.
- Use seasonal ingredients in multiple ways. You can bake, roast and cook apples in a variety of ways.
Leave a comment